Facebook link

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Wizard Children of Finn by Mary Tannen

The Wizard Children of Finn by Mary Tannen. Knopf, 1981. The first edition statement is the standard Knopf. Quarter cloth in purple, green paper boards. Cover price is $8.95. Author's photo appears on the rear inside fold. All in all a fairly standard offering from Knopf of thie period, probably a little more attention to detail than most of its kind in this pre-Harry Potter ear when YA fantasies were not taken seriously.

Quite scarce in the early 21st century. The paper is of a medium weight stock but is fairly high acid. Toning would be common with this book.

2 comments:

5th Grade Rocks. said...

I enjoyed looking at the cover of this precious book on your blog. I had my own copy when I was a middle schooler oh so many years ago, but regrettably loaned it out without getting it back before a move. My great-grandmother was Helen Knopf and she gave me this book as a gift. It was inscribed. I'd shed tears of joy if I could find it. Let me know if you ever run across an inscribed copy (To : Jocelyn, Love: Great Grandmother Helen)...
Thank you and happy reading.

Billthebookguy said...

Hi, thanks for finding my little corner of the world. If I ever turn up that book I will sure let you know. And I'm really glad you enjoyed looking at the cover, that it brought back nice memories for you. That really makes the work on this blog worthwhile.