Facebook link

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Raw


Good Morning bookies. Wait, it's good afternoon already? When did that happen? Sheesh, time really does fly.

Just a quick entry to highlight the first two issues of one of the most influential comic magazines ever published, Raw. The year was 1980 and Art Spiegelman and Francoise Mouly teamed up to create something brand new, something weird and eclectic and wonderful, but most of all something smart. The books have now become legendary and as I listed issues 1 and 2 yesterday, and took photos to accompany them, I thought I could at least let everybody see what they looked like. Spiegelman liked to include little bonuses in the magazine, including a serial version of his now-classic 'Maus'. My copy of issue two was also supposed to have a set of bubble gum cards for Mark Beyer's 'City of Terror', but this is missing from my copy. Anyway, here they are and enjoy looking at them.

No comments: