Facebook link

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Carl Hiaasen's DOUBLE WHAMMY



Hiaasen's second solo novel is terrific, in my never humble opinion. Tourist Season was good, and certainly different, but Double Whammy really taps into the manic weirdness that became his hallmark. How many books have a 28 pound largemouth bass that is trained to surface on command? And Skink, former governor of Florida now living in the wilds, I mean, come on, that's classic stuff.

Skin Tight sold before I could get photos, so I'm putting these up now because I doubt these copies will last long. The book is typical Putnam of the period, cloth backstrap and paper boards, fairly high acid paper, number line down to '1'. There are no points of issue that I'm aware of and I don't know of a second printing, although that's not definitive.

No comments: