Facebook link

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas Eve, bookies! Stand by for news and comment.

First, let me thank you all for reading my blog, especially those who do so regularly. I'm sorry if it's addictive nature has caused you problems at work or with your family. Thank you to those who visit my sponsors, it helps a great deal. 2008 was my first ever book blog and I am quite pleased with the results to date and am looking to make 2009 even better. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

*** Okay, look, this column isn't meant to be a bash Ebay type of blog, although I can see where it might seem that way. It's just that every single day brings a slew of articles and news about the demise of the once-great site and, since it's a major place for the exchange of books, it comes under the umbrella of what this blog is about. So I report it. But I don't report more than a small percentage of the stuff that's out there.

As for me, to be honest, I could not be more pleased with Bonanzle. It has just been terrific. Ebay seems so irrelevant now.

Anyway, today's first link is to glassdoor, the site where company employees anonymously rate their own company and boss. John Donahoe's favorable rating continues to sink and the comments and notes explain why much better than I can. the real shame is that when the inevitable occurs and gets tossed out on his ear, he will be richer by the millions for running Ebay into the ground.

Ebay employees vent about Donahoe

*** Moving on, we now find the first article BBG has seen that actually calls into question whether or not Donahoe is going to continue as the executioner, oops, I mean, the head, of Ebay. This is significant, because some of the so-called journalists at the tech blogs and news sites are beginning to look past Ebay's press releases and dig into the real reasons the company is tanking, and they are coming to the only conclusion possible: it's the doofus at the top.

Duh.

One 'journalist' finally scratches at the real reason Ebay is dying

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you too Bill! I too have found Bonanzle to be such a good site, I keep forgetting that eBay is still around!

Billthebookguy said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy Bonanzle to you and yours!

Billthebookguy said...

Hi Susan- Wow, thank you so much for the nice comments. I hope I can keep it entertaining, if you have any suggestions or news tidbits I would love to hear them.