Facebook link

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Color me skeptical

Hiya bookies!

As all of you who have read my biography know, and I assume that's all of you, I was, am and always will be a fan of Douglas Adams. Whether it's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Starship Titanic or Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Adams skewed view of the world was just plain funny. And in the one letter he wrote me (but not out of the blue. I wrote him first) he was also pithy. He couldn't help it.

But there were 5 books in the Hitchhiker's Trilogy, every word put down by Adams. Was there really need of a 6th not written by him?

I get that Starship Titanic was mostly written by Terry Jones, but Adams himself was there to oversee the project and give notes. To have an entirely new entry in the HG2G canon penned by someone else...well, color me skeptical. And yet today's book review indicates the author, Eoin Colfer of Artemis Fowl fame, has pulled it off brilliantly.

Maybe. Hopefully.

I'll let you read the review and decide if you want to read the book. I'm leaning towards it being irresistible.

And Another Thing

No comments: