Facebook link

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

That might be a little bit excessive

Good morning bookies!

Okay, so a lot of you have been asking me The Big Question: 'BBG, why aren't you hand-selling your books at primary schools in China?'

I admit, it's a good question. And until now I never had a good answer. Aside from not speaking any Chinese, and my stock all being written in English, and a few dozen other lesser reasons, I really had no excuse. There was just this underlying feeling that it was a bad idea. Only today did I discover why.

It seems that the Chinese don't like booksellers. Or, at the very least, they are suspicious of them. Nor can I really blame them for this. I know a lot of booksellers and I find most of them quite suspicious. However, I did not realize they hated them bad enough to kill them, which I am glad to discover before I did finally take this little business overseas.

Whew! That was a close call.

Chinese display how they really feel about booksellers


2 comments:

Tully said...

Having spent many years in the bookseller trenches myself, I agree that most bookselleers SHOULD be viewed with suspicion. Except us, of course. :-)

Billthebookguy said...

Hiya Tully- Naturally, we are the exception that proves the rule.

BBG